Schools out, and summer is here. Whether your child is going to summer camp, sleep away camp, or vacationing with family - these are the essentials we would like to share that have been our go to for the summer!
1. BACKPACKS! This momma right here was one of those bag ladies, that carried around everyones crap. Lets just say my shoulders are hating me now for it. Now that my little ones are not so little anymore I can give them the responsibility of holding on to their own things in their own back packs. We were given these awesome backpacks from Babymel from their Zip & Zoe collection. They are the perfect size for them to carry on their backs with comfort, but also big enough to fit all their toys and snacks. I am obsessed with the designs on them as well, they are both in the Dino Multi design. The small front pocket is also insulated to keep snacks fresh! I have been looking for a cute backpack with a side compartment for water bottles - so this is a big plus for me. Super sturdy & machine washable. Ever since we got them, we cant seem to go anywhere without them. We will be going on a plane ride soon for vacation, and these bags are going to be lifesavers ! (www.babymel.com)
2. SUNGLASSES: We have finally gotten to the age where they keep them on, so they wear them gladly on their own. These are some glasses I found actually at the dollar section of Target. Gotta love the dollar section! Not only are they cute, but they cost me only one dollar so they are pretty replaceable if they get broken or lost one day, because its usually the sunglasses that have to be replaced about three time during the summer. (www.target.com)
3. WIPES: If you are a mom, you have a million different reasons to use wipes on a daily basis. My boys are 3 and 6 years old, and we use wipes every single day. I do not go outside without my pack of WaterPura wipes. They are a MAJOR necessity. Especially in the summer, we are out and about - ice pop stops, playing in the sand boxes, and the 10 potty breaks around the city. So why not use wipes that not only clean up, but are made of natural ingredients , soft & strong, chemical free. That is super important to us because my little ones both have very sensitive skin, and eczema. So I need to make sure we are using only the best of the best on their sticky little cheeks, and fingers.
4. WATER BOTTLES : Staying hydrated in the summer is very crucial. You always want to have water with you to make sure they are staying as hydrated as possible as they are running around in the playground or if you are walking through a large zoo or amusement park. Water is the liquid that can hydrate you best to keep your little one energized for more fun filled times. My boys are constantly asking for something to drink while we are out, so I make sure to always fill up their water bottles with cold water before we head out. We use the ZAK Designs brand that I purchased at Target, and the Thermos Tritan Hydration brand which I purchased from Amazon.
5. WATER SHOES: I don't know about you guys but my boys both love the water. In the summer we try and find the coolest park sprinklers, and water parks to explore and get soaked. Just recently they had their first experience with water balloons, and it was life changing for them. They love anything that has to do with jumping around in water. I definitely support it because sometimes its way too hot to just be running around in the playground. I am a big fan of pools and beaches too. A good pair of water shoes from CROCS can last all summer, and go through rough and tough water play adventure. We have been Croc fans every single summer, its also super easy for them to slip on and off all on their own! ( www.crocs.com)
6. SUNBLOCK: The last thing you want is for your children to get a bad sunburn. Its painful and obviously, VERY unhealthy for us, no matter our age. As I mentioned before, both of my boys have very sensitive skin - so I make sure I use products made with the best for your skin. We use Alba Botanica products like their clear spray sunscreen SPF 50- air powered and and earth friendly. Also their very emollient and moisturizing sunscreen for kids SPF 45. Both recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation, with no harsh sulfates, no parabens or phthalates, gluten free, no artificial colors, no synthetic fragrances. Water resistant for 80 minutes, tear free and hypo allergenic. Just about everything you would want in your perfect sunblock. I purchased mine at Target.
7. REUSABLE SNACK POUCHES: One thing I learned fast was that you must be prepared wherever you go with lots of snacks on hand, or else you are just going to spend your money buying them each time you are out. I was always putting their snacks in little ziplock bags which was easy to do, but a constant purchase I had to do that was not only annoying to keep buying, but obviously not earth friendly. So when I was sent these awesome reusable snack pouches from Sage Spoonfuls, I was sure we would be putting them to great use. They are easy to use, and easy to clean up when done. Perfect to pack our goldfish, and sandwiches for our central park summer picnics. We have used them quite a bit as well on the trains, and buses when we are out and about on the town. Easy for them to hold on their own, and then zip closed when finished munching. I will not be going back to plastic baggies any time soon.
8. WATERPROOF LABELS: Lastly, If you haven't noticed most of our must have essentials have the boys names on the cutest and most sturdiest labels ever! This is a must for us because these kiddos lose everything , or they fight over stuff : so to make my life easier I stick on a label on all their things so they can easily know what is theirs and what is not. We were sent these awesome waterproof and machine washable and microwave safe labels from Mabels Labels. They are perfect for school, camp, daycare, and home. We put them on our clothing, shoes, backpacks, tablets, water bottles, and bedding. These have been truly life changing, no more fights over whose bottle is whose. Plus I can wash them over and over again without having to worry about it peeling off or fading away. These personalized metal bag tags are great as well! We LOVE our Mabels Labels! (www.mabelslabels.com)