Join us Saturday, September 22nd, 2018 for the fifth annual SUBMERGE NYC Marine Science Festival on Hudson River Park’s Pier 84 from 11am to 4pm. There’s something for everyone at this year’s SUBMERGE festival, from hands-on science research to catch & release fishing and kayaking, at this daylong science extravaganza. Bring your family to experience this inspirational and fun-filled day of marine science and STEM in Hudson River Park!
- Science Stage – Enjoy entertaining science performances, larger than life experiments, and native NYC wildlife. Including famed performer Science Bob and the folky and experimental band, Funkinships.
- Research Stations – Experiment, learn and explore! Scientists from over 30 partnering science organizations share current marine research through interactive demonstrations. Some highlights include Billion Oyster Project, NY Aquarium, National Oceanic Atmosphere Administration, Clearwater and many more.
- Discovery Lab – Explore Hudson River plankton using microscopes and learn the benefits of oyster restoration alongside HRPK Estuary Lab staff.
- River Ranger Kid Zone – HRPK’s Estuary Lab educators invite budding scientists to meet live animals in an interactive touch tank, create 3D river critters, and play at an ocean sensory station.
- Roving River - Keep an eye out for HRPK Estuary Lab’s Roving River tricycle – an exhibit of Hudson River wildlife on wheels! Observe river animals up close.
A Kid and Parent approved educational festival that you and your family surely do not want to miss out on. Come by and say hi because we will be there all day I am sure!
We will also be giving out this awesome tote with goodies to one of our followers. All you have to do is comment on our Instagram post about this event, and tell us a fun science fact you learned yourself, or from your kids!
Hope to see you there!